The Upside of Getting Laid Off – Lemonade
Losing or leaving a job or career is not always bad. In many ways it can be the best thing that ever happened to you. I know that from first-hand experience. While it took me some time to get my footing, it has taken me places, and provided opportunities beyond what Ithought i was capable of. Most of all it asked me to become more of who I truly am, to be authentic. I wouldn’t change it for the world. In this short film Lemonade, it focuses on laid off executives from the Advertising Industry, although these stories and their message is for everyone.
Many of those profile started their own businesses. However, the most powerful piece of wisdom really speaks to those that are seeking work. “Be the person doing something interesting not a blinking light on someone’s voice mail.”
Some other words of wisdom from Lemonade include:
- Enormous opportunity in front of you.
- It’s not a pink slip, it’s a blank page.
- Don’t have to quit your job to change your life. Incorporate more of what you love into your everyday and it makes all the difference.
- I would never go back and lose this independence
- I am falling i haven’t hit the ground yet. Getting laid off was not a bad thing, it’s the world of possibilities.
- If it werent’ for losing my job my life would be awful, because my life is great now.
- I got laid off from a big ad agency and it’s awesome.