5 Tenets of Freedom – Take Responsibility For Your Life – Part 1
When someone is in a less than ideal situation in work or a relationship, it is easy to feel like a victim of a boss or circumstance. It is not uncommon to feel almost powerless in such a situation, as if we don’t have any choices, while we are actually giving up our freedom to choose. A few years back a coach of mine David Dowd shared with me the 5 Tenets of Freedom; They are about taking responsibility for our lives and our choices. Ask yourself how you are choosing to be in the situation you are in? Take your life back!
The Five Tenets of Freedom
1. Freedom is more important than anything else
2. Uncover where I am operating as a victim and transfor that to a choice.
- Do I feel victimized by someone or something?
- Am I operating out of a sense of feeling entitled or being owed?
- Am I looking to be rescued or saved?
- Am I blaming someone else?
3. Face everything and avoid nothing.
4. Don’t take life personally.
5. Freedom is directly correlated to my ability to see myself as part of a whole.